027 | How Building Relationships Leads to Massive Sales Success with Mike GolubAug 10, 2022
In This Episode:
Relationship first, product second. Mike Golub, sought-after sales trainer and seven-figure entrepreneur, lives by these words.
His eagerness to build relationships with everyone around him has allowed Mike, who began his career at the age of 25 at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, to very quickly become the #1 ranked sales executive at a multi-billion dollar international company, build two seven-figure businesses, and become a mentor to six, seven, and eight-figure entrepreneurs.
Listen in as Mike gives his thoughts on eliminating commission breath as a salesperson; the secret to making your products or services too valuable for customers to pass up; and how adopting a mindset of receiving and surrender can take your career to the next level.
As always, cheers to your evolution!
- Building relationships with everybody you interact with at your place of work, no matter your role at the company, is one of the primary drivers of career growth.
- There are different schools of thought when it comes to entrepreneurial success; but, one of the most powerful, tried-and-true ways to scale and build a loyal following fast is to create a value-driven brand: Give a lot of your knowledge away for free to establish yourself as an authority in your space.
- There are two components in any sales transaction: the COI (Cost of Inaction) and ROI (Return on Investment). When both are high enough in the buyer’s mind, a sale is made.
- Want me to coach you over text? Text me on Tuesdays at 973-358-7836
- What is your coaching superpower? Take the FREE 60-second quiz here: jessglazer.com/quiz
- [06:42] – What Mike had to do to be the #1 ranked sales executive at a multi-billion dollar international company;
- [14:28] – How adopting a mindset of receiving, and embracing trust & surrender lead to success;
- [26:12] – How to sell without being salesy;
- [32:48] – Common sales mistakes;
- [43:34] – Is there a place for cold calling/DMing today?;
- [49:52] – Defining “value”;
- [52:06] – Rapid-fire questions.
- “Relationships are the foundation of sales.
- “It’s okay to give stuff away because what that does is help them buy into you. That demonstrates your value as a leader or as a person that can help them reach that next level.” –Mike Golub
About Mike Golub
Mike Golub is a passionate sales leader & mentor. After becoming the #1 Ranked sales executive at a multi-billion dollar international company and building two 7-figure businesses, Mike has developed the wisdom and expertise to help other entrepreneurs and salespeople reach new levels of success.
Connect with Jessica
- Instagram: @iamjessicaderose | @thedigitalbusinessevolution
- TikTok: @iamjessicaderose
- YouTube: Jessica DeRose
Connect with Mike