07 | Is Group Coaching the Best Option?Apr 27, 2022
In this episode of The Digital Business Evolution Podcast, Jess shares the three different components of creating a successful coaching business or course. When thinking about the different services to provide, coaches can get bogged down with all the different possibilities. This is why Jess suggests the group coaching approach is a great starting point for a coaching business.
Jess takes a dive into the “why” of group coaching and explains that this approach allows for several benefits including greater impact with less of your time, strong community, and scalability. She points out the Ascension pyramid and uses it to explain how group coaching lies in the “just right” level as a starting point. We envision the pyramid again and use it to avoid some common mistakes that coaches can make by starting out at the bottom or top levels.
Jess closes out the episode by sharing her 3 C’s approach of creating a successful coaching program. The first ‘C’ is content. Jess explains that, as a coach, your focus isn’t necessarily on teaching, but there should still be some easy-to-consume content for your clients to learn. This leads to the second ‘C’ of coaching. Jess describes coaching as the investment of a coach to their client’s success. Finally, the third ‘C’ is community. When the foundational content is supported by a coach, it can truly be extended through the peer-to-peer relationships that are formed through a strong community.
As always, cheers to your evolution!
- “If you’re starting a coaching business– or you already have some sort of digital-based business– my belief is that group coaching is the best place to start.” – Jessica DeRose
- “When we think about building our coaching business, I want you to think about your business like this– putting the work in in the beginning, getting the foundations laid, getting that group coaching program going … moving it and getting it to a point where it’s moving itself.” – Jessica DeRose
- “Anybody can make money online. I’m not interested in making money. I am interested in building myself a machine that makes me money– a flywheel that’s movin’ and groovin’ and gaining momentum and making an impact in this world.” – Jessica DeRose
- [0:46] – Introduction of today’s episode;
- [2:10] – Start off with group coaching;
- [2:30] – The “why” behind group coaching approach;
- [4:19] – Breakdown of Ascension pyramid
- [7:27] – Group coaching is middle level of ascension pyramid;
- [7:34] – Common mistakes coaches can make;
- [11:58] – Pivoting 1:1 clients to group coaching clients;
- [12:07] – Client benefits for switching to group coaching;
- [13:23] – Jess’s personal experience switching individual to group coaching;
- [16:43] – The three C’s to a successful coaching program;
- [16:56] – First C: content;
- [17:36] – Integrating teaching components in your content;
- [18:25] – Second C: coaching;
- [20:03] – Third C: community;
- [22:20] – The 3 C’s in group coaching
- [23:35] – Leveraging group coaching and closing thoughts
- Enroll in E+mpower
- Be a part of my text family by texting “Podcast” to 973-358-7836.
Connect with Jessica