08 | How to Navigate Client ObjectionsApr 27, 2022
In this episode of The Digital Business Evolution Podcast, Jess shares yet another controversial topic in business– client objections. Because this is a highly discussed area of interest for businesses navigating the seas of potential clients, Jess breaks down her take as to why clients may push the brakes when it comes to utilizing our services and products that we offer into two different paths: circumstances and fear.
Jess explains that a reason why a client may not be taking advantage of coaching services is in fact they are not, circumstantially, in the right place. This could be for a wide variety of reasons, but one thing Jess makes clear– it is not our place as the coach to tell them they are wrong. Jess reiterates that same ideal as she says, “I lead with compassion, I meet you where you’re at.”
Jess then describes the fear that may hold a client back from their decision. She explains that fear is really just a client’s way of voicing a deeper issue that is rooted in uncertainty. When presented with this obstacle, as long as the client has allowed it, a coach can come in and help by dismantling old beliefs that are holding the client back and then creating new beliefs that empower.
As always, cheers to your evolution!
- “I personally believe it is not our responsibility– it’s not our right– it’s not our position to say whether or not someone’s reality is true. And it is definitely not our job to talk them out of their reality.” – Jessica DeRose
- “I’m sure you’ve heard the idea that ‘thoughts become things.’ I don’t believe that is true at all. I believe that beliefs become things.” – Jessica DeRose
- “The belief that you have creates the thought that you think which brings us… to the feeling you have. If you think that you are not good enough, you’ll feel blah. If you think you can take on the world, if you think you’re amazing, if you think you’re going to crush it today– you’re probably going to feel more motivated, more inspired, more empowered.” – Jessica DeRose
- “The way I see objections is that some are circumstantial and some are fear-based, and at the end of the day, it is never our place, it is never our decision, and it is never our job to make people act or not act.” – Jessica DeRose
- [0:46] – Introduction of today’s episode;
- [1:07] – Clarifying objections;
- [1:55] – Jess’s take on objections– two different paths;
- [2:01] – Path A: Circumstances;
- [6:04] – Path B: Fear;
- [6:21] – Fear is fancy for uncertainty;
- [7:36] – Help clients gain a new perspective;
- [8:51] – Beliefs become things;
- [9:09] – Belief pyramid: Level 1– The Belief;
- [9:32] – Level 2– The Thought;
- [9:49] – Level 3– The Feeling;
- [10:08] – Level 4– The Decision;
- [10:19] – Level 5– The Action
- [10:43] – Level 6– The Result
- [12:02] – Path A and B Recap
- Be a part of my text family by texting “Podcast” to 973-358-7836.
About Jessica DeRose
Jessica DeRose is an entrepreneur and business mentor, who helps coaches build profitable online businesses. After quitting her 8-year career as an elementary school teacher and creating a multiple 7-figure business herself, Jessica is here to unlock doors you didn’t even know existed.
Connect with Jessica