12 | Getting To Know the CEO/CFO of Digital Business EvolutionJun 10, 2022
In this special episode of the Digital Business Evolution podcast, Jess introduces us to her partner, in business, and in life– her husband, Michael DeRose.
Mike serves as the CEO and CFO of Digital Business Evolution, but his journey to where he is today is outlined in this episode. In a culture where many are leaving their corporate jobs to pursue being their own boss, Mike is proof that the reason behind that shift does not always have to be a dislike for the job. Mike freely admits throughout the episode, that he loved his job, but there came a time when he was faced with the benefits that an entrepreneurial life could provide.
As the two progress through the episode, Jess and Mike talk about situations that every entrepreneur can relate to. Monetary goals of needing to make ‘X’ amount of money before you can quit your job can often turn into obstacles that hold us back from achieving our potential as entrepreneurs. Mike’s mindset started to shift when the pandemic hit and he was forced to work at home and see what life as an entrepreneur could truly be. Being the coach Jess is, Mike was challenged to make the decision to leave a job he knew and loved for himself. The result is where we find DBE today.
As always, cheers to your evolution!
- “We can be stronger by leveraging the people around us.” –Michael DeRose
- “When we started to play those pros of ‘We could essentially have full autonomy and not just the business– but full autonomy in our life’ that was more important to us than maybe having a stable paycheck.” –Jessica DeRose
- [0:46] – Introduction of today’s episode;
- [1:30] – Introduction of CEO/CFO of DBE– Michael DeRose;
- [4:10] – Mike’s background before his career;
- [8:25] – When and where Mike and Jess met;
- [9:45] – Mike’s quick progression in the corporate ladder of a job he loved;
- [15:20] – Using the skills you acquired in your corporate past to benefit you in your business;
- [19:40] – Learn more about Beyond 6 Figures;
- [24:53] – Thoughts and goals to have before leaving your job;
- [26:29] – Mike’s mindset shift during the pandemic after getting a taste of entrepreneurial life;
- [30:55] – The exhilarating power of uncertainty;
- [33:15] – Jess challenging Mike to figure out his decision to leave his job for himself;
- [35:10] – Not needing to hate or dislike your job to pursue your own business;
- [38:30] – Text Jess with ideas of what to call episodes with Mike as well as topics for future episodes;
- [39:53] – Mike’s most-asked questions and closing thoughts
- Be a part of my text family by texting “Podcast” to 973-358-7836.
- Beyond 6 Figures: https://www.jessglazer.com/beyond-6-figures
About Jessica DeRose
Jessica DeRose is an entrepreneur and business mentor, who helps coaches build profitable online businesses. After quitting her 8-year career as an elementary school teacher and creating a multiple 7-figure business herself, Jessica is here to unlock doors you didn’t even know existed.
Connect with Jessica