43 | Making Legal Resources Approachable With Andrea SagerNov 22, 2022
In this episode of the Digital Business Evolution podcast be sure to take lots of notes as Jess sits down with Andrea Sager who is the CEO and founder of TheLegalpreneur. After massively scaling her law firm in 3 years Andrea founded Legalpreneur, a bridge for the gap between legal resources and entrepreneurs at every stage of business. Learn about entities, contracts, intellectual property and so much more with Andreas' approachable handle on all things legal.
Some big questions answered on today's show include: What are the differences between trademark and copyright? What is the best practice if you see someone copying your work? And, how soon should you get your trademark? Andrea also goes over her own entrepreneurial journey saying to always dream bigger and gives ways to stay motivated when you are surrounded by people who are not. This is truly a value packed episode that you're not going to want to miss!
As always, cheers to your evolution!
- As a business owner your most valuable assets are your intellectual properties such as trademarks and copyrights. Trademarks deal with anything that has to do with your brand like logos, slogans, and podcast names. Trademarks have different categories so whatever you are doing you have to protect within such categories. Copyright are your everyday works like photos, videos, and the podcast episodes.
- Get into the habit of filing a registration for your work because that way if you find people constantly using your things you will be ready to have them take down their practices. The sooner you do this the more money you will save in the future.
- As soon as your work starts taking off you want to file for your trademark. The search to get your trademark is the most important part because you want to make sure you have the rights you think you have. A key component to a trademark is that it's not about it being the same but rather similar in that it can cause confusion. .
[08:30] – The difference between trademark and copyright;
[14:08] – What to do if someone is copying your work;
[25:14] – The Contract Vault;
[29:36] – How soon should you get your trademark;
[38:04] – Dream Bigger;
- “The power of the trademark registration is worth the money!” - Andrea Sager
- “It's all about taking a proactive approach to the legal resources rather than a reactive approach as with everything in life.” - Jessica Derose
- “Even though you are doing ok, you are doing alright, you need to dream bigger. There is so much you can do out there because you can!.” - Andrea Sager
- Cover all of your business contract needs right here: https://thelegalpreneur.com/thecontractvault/
- Get tickets to the DREAM BIGGER event by The Legalpreneur :https://thelegalpreneur.com/dreambigger/ref/DBEContracts
- Save a seat for Jess’s FREE 3 day DBE live experience: https://www.jessglazer.com/dbelive2022
Connect with Jessica
YouTube: Jessica DeRose
Connect with Andrea Sager