64 | A Happier You in 2023 with Dr. Scott GlassmanDec 08, 2022
In this episode of the Digital Business Evolution Podcast, Jess sits down with Dr. Scott Glassman, Director of the Master of Applied Positive Psychology Program at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. Scott Glassman, is a licensed psychologist and author of A Happier You: A Seven-Week Program to transform negative thinking into positivity and resilience. Scott starts off with his journey into psychology and how as a young adult he was filled with deep unhappiness. As an introvert, Scott came to appreciate the positive and negative impact one's inner world had in all areas of life. Discovering mindfulness as a powerful approach to help heal, he grew interested in how it could also be used to amplify and expand good experiences.
Discover all about happiness as a process vs it being outcome driven. Jess and Scott talk about using values to guide one's daily choices in personal life and business and how this is tied into purpose/enjoyment. The orange method is mentioned in this episode as it is used to get in touch with present joy and meaning and lastly, practical ways of accessing gratitude each and everyday.
As always, cheers to your Evolution!
- Happiness should not be associated with outcomes in our lives as it prevents us from fully living and being present.
- We have to get into the practice that we are all filled with all of the gifts of life. In any moment we have all that we need and every moment has its own sense of completeness where we can be reborn in each one.
- The quality of your questions determines the quality of your life. With more and better questions you start to discover more things within you that you had never even noticed.
- [6:54] – Seeking Happiness;
- [12:11] – Utter Completeness;
- [21:10] – Feeling gratitude and making a change;
- [39:29] – The light and play of your inner child;
- [45:50] – The orange method;
- “Happiness is a triumph of attention. If we are able to habitually hold those good moments out and stay with them and invite them in and explore them, we are then in a much better position to create.” - Dr. Scott Glassman
- “You can read something as many times as you want but if you don't believe it it's not going to change anything.” - Jessica DeRose
- “We can see play, being a child again, beginner's mind as a way of maintaining passion for the less fun stuff in life and in our business.” - Dr. Scott Glassman
- Interested in learning more about the DBE Mastermind for 2023, check it out here: https://www.jessglazer.com/dbe-themastermind
- 10% discount off of the Happier You Program (with mention of DBE podcast) http://ahappieryou.org
- Take your IG from “Meh” to “Magnetic”! Get our “50 Scroll Stoppers” for FREE by simply leaving a review of the DBE Podcast and screenshot your review to (973) 358-7836 and I will send you the Download.
Connect with Dr. Scott Glassman
Connect with Jessica